- Trees down on the property
- Shingles blown off
- Hail damage
- Missing fences
- Broken windows
- Missing siding
If your home was completely destroyed, then you need to call a qualified Texas insurance claim attorney immediately. These situations are complicated, and you will need someone on your side who knows your rights and how to negotiate with the insurance company.
However, if your home only suffered minor damage, make sure you do the following things when reporting a tornado damage claim to get the proper compensation from the insurance company.
- Before you do anything, take pictures and videos of the damage. Pictures and proper documentation can help the insurance claims adjuster to understand what type of damage your home sustained.
- Tarp off your roof if you are missing shingles and suffered roof damage. This way no further water can get in until the repairs have been made.
- Save your receipts for anything you purchased to help repair your home or mitigate the damage until you can get the necessary repairs.
- Start getting pricing for the needed repairs, but be careful about whom you hire. Unfortunately, many people pose as contractors and scam victims out of their money after natural disasters.
- When in doubt, call a Texas insurance claim attorney for help. You can reach the Voss Law Firm at 888-614-7730 for a free consultation to learn more about your rights today.