As Texas insurance claim attorneys, we applaud you for wanting to take action and prevent unnecessary damage to your home. While a burglary can occur any time – day or night – we do have some tips for you to help minimize your chances of your home being burglarized.
Some tips include:
- Walk around the outside of your home to inspect it to determine how a burglar could get in.
- Trim hedges and trees that are too close to the windows.
- Do not put your valuables out in the open so that they are easily seen from the window.
- Do not hide a spare key under the doormat or in an obvious spot such as underneath a planter.
- Consider leaving your porch light or other outdoor lighting on at night, as burglars are more likely to break into a home that is dark so they won’t be noticed.
- Think about installing a burglar alarm
Some burglars strike by ringing your door bell – hoping you will open the door and they will gain access to your home. It is wise to only open your door to people you know. Additionally, make sure you always lock your doors upon entry and double check them and the windows when you go to bed at night.
By doing the above mentioned things, you may reduce your chances of a burglary and a potential Texas theft damage claim. Although you may have done everything you could have to prevent your home from being burglarized, it could still occur. If you need help dealing with the insurance company, call the Voss Law Firm at 888-614-7730 and talk with a skilled Texas insurance litigation lawyer in a free consultation today.