- Check the grade of the coin: Before purchasing a coin or sinking your savings into gold coins, make sure that you check the grade of the coin with a third-party certification service. This is important because fraudulent gold coin dealers often inflate the grade of the coins they sell. When you have an independent grading service check your coins, they can determine the true grade, quality and value of each coin you bought or are considering purchasing.
- Compare value and grade of the coin: Prior to purchasing the coin you've selected, it is wise to look at other dealers to compare grade and value before making a decision.
- Review refund policy: Before investing in a coin, you should always find out what the seller's refund policy is. Make sure to get the refund information and the terms of the sale in writing.
- Research complaints: When considering purchasing gold coins from a specific dealer or precious metal shop, you should research if there are any complaints about the company. You can look at the Better Business Bureau or contact the Attorney General to find out if there are complaints against a specific coin dealer.
- Check with someone else: Before making a huge investment, it is a good idea to talk with your financial adviser or to check with coin associations like the American Numismatic Association. They may be able to give you tips or inform you of reputable coin dealers.
If you have been a victim of gold coin fraud in Texas or anywhere in the nation, please call a knowledgeable coin fraud attorney at the Voss Law Firm at 888-614-7730 today for a free consultation. Attorney Bill Voss will provide you with his book Coin Fraud - Is Your Investment at Risk, for FREE.