Every tornado season, there are reports of farms and agricultural businesses destroyed by powerful, tornado-producing storms. While most farms, whether family or commercial, carry insurance coverage for tornado-related losses, the policies are often painfully complicated or outdated—and agricultural insurance companies don’t always play by the rules. This is part of the reason why it’s so important for policyholders to reach out for legal help with their insurance claims after a catastrophe.
How a Policyholder Attorney Can Help Agricultural Businesses Recover After a Tornado
Insurance companies are sometimes hesitant to pay out tornado claims, especially when large areas or multiple counties are affected. This is why it sometimes becomes necessary for agricultural policyholders to bring in an experienced attorney to help with the process. When you work with our legal team, we will immediately start working to maximize your recovery by:
- Reviewing your tornado coverage under your existing farm policies
- Determining the impact on your business
- Organizing assessments and documentation
- Bringing in contractors and experts to help you prove the full extent of losses
- Creating a plan for temporary repairs and arrangements that minimize the impact on your business
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Keeping you informed and ready to act throughout the claims process
Additionally, working with an experienced legal team means that you always have access to answers and information about your rights as the combined policyholder, business owner, and homeowner that many farmers are.
For more information about maximizing a claim for tornado damage, contact our team directly, or request your free copy of our book, Understanding Agricultural Insurance Claims. We have helped agricultural policyholders across the nation negotiate a fair recovery in complicated claims, and we prepare every case to be ready to go to litigation if necessary. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help—you can reach our policyholder attorneys today by phone or via the confidential contact form on this page.