Countless insurance claims are filed every year by owners of industrial properties that have been affected by hailstorms. Although it’s clear to the policyholders tasked with making repairs and paying for losses, insurance companies don’t always recognize the serious losses that comes with a hailstorm—and that leaves many industrial complex owners struggling to collect the compensation they truly deserve under their own insurance coverage.
Hail Damage May Go Deeper Than it Seems at First Glance
Although, on the surface, hail damage may seem limited to obvious dents and other external damage, a hailstorm can also create losses that may not be readily visible to the untrained eye. These kinds of deeper damages might include:
- Damage to deeper roofing layers
- Damage underneath siding or hidden by exterior features
- Damage to vents, fans, and cooling units
- Subtle damage to machinery and equipment
Hail Damage Is Often Minimized by the Insurance Companies Handling Industrial Property Claims
Although a serious hailstorm can grind industrial operations to a halt, some insurance companies attempt to minimize the true extent of hail damage. In many cases, completely legitimate claims are:
- Denied. Although the insurance company may give a number of excuses for a denial, policyholders shouldn’t take a denial as the final word. Completely legitimate claims for hail damage may be denied in an effort to avoid paying the costs of losses.
- Undervalued. A hasty or unskilled assessment of hail can result in a severely undervalued claim for hail damage, and it is important that policyholders obtain skilled assessments from experienced professionals. However, even with appropriate estimates, insurance companies will still try to pay as little as possible on damage claims.
The hail damage insurance claim lawyers with the Voss Law Firm is committed to helping industrial complex owners negotiate complicated insurance claims. If you are having difficulty getting the compensation you need after a hailstorm, or if you believe the damage to your industrial property has been undervalued by the insurance company, don’t hesitate to speak with our experienced policyholder attorneys today.