Government and civic properties are just as vulnerable to windstorm damage as the homeowners and businesses they share their communities with, but the complications governmental policyholders face as a result of wind damage can be far more difficult—and affect many more people and properties—than a simple homeowner’s claim.
Why Governmental Policyholders Have a Hard Time Resolving Wind Insurance Claims
Although the damages may look the same from the outside, governmental policyholders have a much bigger job in the aftermath of a windstorm. Resolving a windstorm claim for a municipality, school system, civic agency, or other governmental property can create layers of difficulties because:
- Multiple properties may be affected in a windstorm, and each property may have been affected differently by the storm.
- The properties may be scattered throughout a large geographic region, making it difficult to coordinate efforts
- The costs to repair even minor or moderate wind-related damages can become very costly on a municipality scale.
- It’s easy to miss some windstorm damages when assessments are rushed or inadequate, especially across multiple properties.
- It becomes much more difficult for large governmental policyholders to make sure assessments and estimates are fair and documented properly.
- Many insurance policies, companies, and people may be involved in post-storm recovery efforts.
- Governmental policyholders have numerous, unique concerns after storm-related losses that may not have clear or easy answers.
When a Wind Damages Governmental Property, Seek Help From an Experienced Policyholder Attorney
Governmental policyholders feel a responsibility to their communities after storm damage creates safety concerns, drains public resources, or causes closures of important civic functions. If you are struggling to negotiate a fair resolution for a windstorm claim, or if you simply want to get started on a proactive note, don’t hesitate to contact our experienced legal team by phone today. We have helped policyholders across the nation maximize difficult insurance claims, and we look forward to helping you address your concerns.