This is why it is important to review this information prior to sustaining any injuries in a maritime accident.
Maritime accidents are bound to happen, and when they do it is how you handle it that will make or break your Jones Act case.
- Seek medical care right away after your offshore injury.
- Report the accident immediately to your company. However, only provide a brief description for the company accident report.
- Call an experienced Jones Act attorney as soon as possible after your offshore accident so you do not do something that could hurt your case.
- Do NOT wait to report your accident.
- Do NOT believe your employer when they say you have to see the company doctor. You are entitled to see a doctor of your choice.
- Do NOT give the insurance company or your maritime employer a recorded statement prior to speaking with an attorney.
- Do NOT sign any paperwork before having an attorney review it.
- Do NOT hire just any attorney - make sure he is an experienced maritime accident attorney.
We understand that maritime injury cases can be confusing and complex ,since there are many rules surrounding offshore injuries and the Jones Act. You need to have someone on your side making sure that you do not hurt your case and you get the compensation you deserve.
Call an experienced Texas offshore injury attorney today at the Voss Law Firm and receive a free legal consultation at 888-614-7730.