Have you been a victim of intentional interference with contractual or other business relations? This is also known as tortious interference and it can take on two forms.
- Tortious interference of contract is when a person intentionally and wrongfully disrupts a formal contract between two parties and causes one party to breach the contract.
- Tortious interference of business is when a third party uses false claims against a business in order to drive business away from them or to cause another party to not enter into a business relationship with them.
When one party intentionally damages or prevents another party from their obligations to fulfill a contract as promised, they have helped that party to breach a contract. If someone intentionally damaged your contractual or other business relationship, you may have a legal case against him or her.
Proving a Tortious Interference Claims
If you can prove that you are a victim of tortious interference, you may be entitled to compensation for economic losses, mental anguish, lost profits and possibly punitive damages. In order for you to prove a tortious interference claim, the following criteria need to be proven:
- The existence of a contract
- Defendant's knowledge of that relationship and contract
- Defendant's intention to interfere and cause a breach of contract
- Defendant's lack of justification for his or her actions
- Damages caused by the defendant's interference and the resulting contract breach
If another party interfered with your business, do not let them get away with it. Contact an experienced attorney to review your case and help you pursue damages against the interfering party. You may have rights that we can help you pursue. If another party or business has interfered with your business or contract relations, they may be liable for Texas tortious interference in business relations. Call the Voss Law Firm and speak with a knowledgeable Texas business lawyer at 888-614-7730.
Don't miss out on your complimentary copy of attorney Bill Voss's book: Business Disputes - Critical Information for All Business Owners. Download a free copy today.