Advantages of Business Litigation
- Financial Benefit – if your case is about a monetary dispute, there is a good chance that you may be able to recover financially, including the possibility of compensatory and punitive damages.
- Strength – if you are in a position of strength, it may make sense to bring the lawsuit against the other party. If you are victorious, it will strengthen your business further.
- Restraining Order – you may benefit from business litigation by getting injunctive relief. If someone is harassing you and your business, you may benefit by getting a restraining order against that person.
- Fees – business litigation can be costly to pursue.
- Time – business litigation can take up a large amount of your time that may disrupt your life and take you away from time that you spend at your company, which could affect productivity.
- Mental Distress – if you pursue a lawsuit, it is common to become anxious over the many details of the case, which could adversely affect your personal life and business.
- Privacy Loss – when you file a lawsuit, you may expose your business records and other proprietary information that you may have not wanted anyone else to see.
- Countersuit – if you decide to pursue a case, be prepared for a countersuit. The other side may choose to file a claim against you and your business.
Also, request a FREE copy of attorney Bill Voss’s book: Business Disputes – Critical Information for All Business Owners.