Toll-Free: 1-888-614-7730
Phone: (281) 842-8679
Toll Free: 1-888-614-7730

What kind of adjusters are working hurricane claims?

In widespread losses such as hurricanes, you will probably find the following adjusters in the field:
  1. Company adjusters. These people are employees of the insurance company and are typically licensed as adjusters in the state of your loss (although they may be on temporary duty from another state).
  2. Independent adjusters. These are adjusters who adjust for a living, and although they are called "independent"; in fact they are contracted to work for the insurance company, not you.
  3. Catastrophe (or "cat") adjusters. The background of these individuals vary . . . some have little experience . . . some are highly trained. But they all work for the insurance company.
  4. SIU adjuster. "SIU" stands for "special investigative unit". If your adjuster identifies himself/herself as "SIU", you can be assured that your insurer suspects that you or someone associated with your claim has committed or attempted to commit fraud. In this event, you should immediately seek assistance of competent counsel.
  5. Public adjusters. These are licensed adjusters who work for you.
Bill Voss
Connect with me
Aggressive policyholder attorney that fights hard for his clients and won't stop until he wins.
If No Recovery No Fee Guarenteed

The Voss Law Firm, P.C. represents clients on a local, national and international basis. We proudly serve companies and individuals along the Gulf Coast and around the globe on a contingency fee basis. Our law firm collects nothing unless we recover on our client's behalf.

Live Chat