5 FACTS from an Insurance Lawyer About a Denied Insurance Claim
- Insurance companies are always looking to make money. Although you have been making timely premiums, do not believe that the insurance company is in your corner. You generally will have to fight to get the compensation you deserve.
- Insurance companies save money by denying claims. If there is anything questionable or if they are in doubt, they will deny your fire insurance claim or other residential insurance claim.
- You do not have to accept the denied insurance claim as the final judgment. You can challenge their decision by filing an appeal with the State Insurance Commissioner.
- Your insurance company is required to act in good faith. If the insurer denies your claim in bad faith, they could be in violation.
- You can file suit against the insurance company for breach of contract or bad faith practices.
If you believe your insurance company has acted in bad faith and has unfairly denied your claim, you should talk with a Texas insurance litigation lawyer to handle the legal process. You may be able to get the compensation you deserve. Call the Voss Law Firm at 888-614-7730 for a free consultation today.