The goal for these sales people is to make as much money as they can, even if it is through gold coin fraud at your expense. This is why you need to know what coins you want to purchase before talking with a sales person. Remember that gold coin sales people are not investment financial advisors. It is wise to do your own homework, research and do not ask for their advice. This way you may not fall victim to their high-pressure sales tactics.
Ten tips to help you resist their high-pressure sales tactics include:
- Do your research and homework to save yourself money.
- Know what you want before talking with a sales person.
- Understand sales tactics before working with a gold coin sales person.
- Do not buy from a sales person who solicited you.
- Purchase in person at a dealer or over the phone with a reputable company that you chose to work with.
- Establish a price in your mind that you want to spend and do not go over it.
- Do not decide on the spot. Give yourself a day to think about the purchase.
- Stay in control of the conversation by asking the questions you want answered and by cutting the sales person off if he rambles or veers off topic.
- Do not feel bad about saying, "No," no matter how long that sales person spent working with you.
- Remember, your purchase is your decision. Do not be easily influenced.
When sales people give you a deadline it is a clear sign that they are using high-pressure sales tactics. Because sales people are always looking for a close, they are very clever with how they word their sales pitches. What they say may not even sound like a deadline to you. Watch out for things like "I have someone else interested in purchasing this rare gold coin," or "the price is likely to go up tomorrow." Do not let your guard down even for one moment when working with a gold coin dealer.
If you feel like you have been a victim of high-pressure sales tactics when purchasing your rare gold coin, or if you were a victim of coin fraud, call a skilled gold coin fraud attorney at the Voss Law Firm today at 888-614-7730 for a free consultation.
Attorney Bill Voss will even provide you with his FREE book: Coin Fraud - Is Your Investment At Risk, for more information on gold coin fraud.