Toll-Free: 1-888-614-7730
Phone: (281) 842-8679
Toll Free: 1-888-614-7730

Do You Have Enough Home Insurance to Cover Accidental Damages?

Posted on Jan 31, 2013

During winter, many people gather inside for the holidays, dinner parties, and get-togethers to stay warm and have a good time. While many parties are simply a nice way to enjoy conversations or watch a sporting event, sometimes a couple glasses of wine and a fun time can turn into a spill or another accident—causing property damage.

If you are going to have people over, or a party of any type, it is important to make sure that your home has the correct insurance. This way, in case of an accident, your residence, contents, and personal property will be covered.

Do you have contents insurance with additional accidental damage coverage? If you don’t, or if you aren’t sure, you need to read over your insurance policy or call your insurance agent for peace of mind.

Tips you can do to minimize property damage when you have a party, include:

  • Get contents insurance coverage
  • Lock up valuables
  • Move breakables out of the way
  • Ask people to smoke outside

Most residential insurance policies have some type of accidental damage insurance for items such as your television; however, it is wise to check your policy for the exact coverage and to make sure you have the correct coverage for your lifestyle. While parties are a time for everyone to have a good time, if you err on the side of caution and have the correct insurance, then you can ensure that you will have a good time too. 

Read More About Do You Have Enough Home Insurance to Cover Accidental Damages?...

If No Recovery No Fee Guarenteed

The Voss Law Firm, P.C. represents clients on a local, national and international basis. We proudly serve companies and individuals along the Gulf Coast and around the globe on a contingency fee basis. Our law firm collects nothing unless we recover on our client's behalf.

Live Chat