Unfortunately, when it comes to just about any kind of insurance claim, there is no certain answer. It could take a month. It could take three months. And, in some complicated cases, it could even take years. It all depends on:
- The nature of the event that damaged your condo
- The extent of the damage
- How the damage is handled under your insurance policy and the condo association’s policy
- How much preparation is needed before filing a claim
- If your claim is fought or denied by the insurance company
- If you are being held responsible for a portion of the damages
- If you choose to work with an attorney on your condominium claim
- If there are any unusual or complicating circumstances
However, to get a better idea of how long it might take to see a resolution, we strongly encourage you to speak directly with an attorney who has extensive experience negotiating similar claims. After reviewing the details of your case, your legal ally can give you a much clearer idea of what to expect from the claims process, how long it might take, and how you can speed the process along.
Let our team help you get the information you need for a successful insurance claim. Visit our blog for the answers to more of your questions about policyholder claims, or connect with our legal team on Facebook to join in the discussion today.