Toll-Free: 1-888-614-7730
Phone: (281) 842-8679
Toll Free: 1-888-614-7730

Do I need to call in a contractor to prepare an estimate for a crop damage claim?

Crop damage coverage under a farm insurance policy can be very complex, and extensive estimates and documentation are sometimes needed for the farm owner to recover financially from these losses. However, what needs to be documented—and how you go about doing it—really depends on the specific details of your claim and the cause of your crop-related losses.

It’s very common for farms to call in damage estimators and other contractors to assess crop and property losses after a storm, fire, or other disaster, and it may be necessary in your case. However, a lot will depend on:

  • What caused the damage to your crops
  • If government or community relief is available
  • The details of your farm insurance coverage
  • How severe losses were or are predicted to be
  • If losses may effect more than just the current growing season

With so many different factors that can influence your claim, it may be difficult to handle on your own. If you’re unsure if you need to call in contractors, or if you’re running into delays and denials with your insurance company, reach out to our experienced policyholder attorneys today for a thorough review and answer session.

Our professional legal team has experience fighting denied and delayed claims for farmers, and we are available to answer your questions without risk or obligation. For more information, simply give us a call or send us an email to get the conversation started—or take a moment to request your free copy of our book, Understanding Agricultural Insurance Claims.

If No Recovery No Fee Guarenteed

The Voss Law Firm, P.C. represents clients on a local, national and international basis. We proudly serve companies and individuals along the Gulf Coast and around the globe on a contingency fee basis. Our law firm collects nothing unless we recover on our client's behalf.

Live Chat