Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About The Insurance Claim Process
Do you have questions about commercial and business insurance litigation, business claims law, bad faith insurance litigation, industrial insurance claims litigation, condominium insurance claims, church claims, apartment claims, first party bad faith insurance claims, and marine insurance claims? To discuss your case, contact The Voss Law Firm, P.C. toll free at 888-614-7730.
- Page 1
What kinds of problems should we expect when filing a hail damage claim for church buildings?
While you may not run into problems every time you file a hail claim for your church, problems are more common than most policyholders realize—and it makes sense to plan ahead and understand what to look for. Here are some examples of the kinds of problems our clients have had with their hail claims:
- Delays. The most common problems policyholders run into with their hail claims is not knowing what’s going on. Churches can wait weeks or months without progress, and a lot of phone calls, emails, and letters to the insurer might be ignored.
- Denials. Denials are common, but churches may not have to accept a denied claim. Whether the insurance company is arguing that the damage didn’t come from hail or that the terms of your policy won’t cover the losses, you may be able to fight for the coverage you deserve.
- Repair versus replacement. Hail-damaged churches end up settling for repair costs from the insurance company instead of needed replacements far too often, and it’s important that you make a strong case for replacement when necessary—even if the insurance company doesn’t see it that way.
- Incomplete assessments. Another common problem has to do with how careful and thorough hail-damage assessments are. If the assessment is incomplete or rushed, a great deal of damage can go unreported and cause problems down the road.
- Undervalued claims. Insurance companies are keen on saving money, and they often undervalue even small hail claims to protect their own bottom line. If your church has suffered losses in a hailstorm, it’s worth the extra effort to maximize your claim and make sure the offer you receive is fair.
Find out more about the problems policyholders run into when filing claims and what to do if it happens to you. Visit our other Frequently Asked Questions or connect with our legal team on Facebook today.
The Voss Law Firm, P.C. represents clients on a local, national and international basis. We proudly serve companies and individuals along the Gulf Coast and around the globe on a contingency fee basis. Our law firm collects nothing unless we recover on our client's behalf.